"Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best."

"Birds sing after a storm. Why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever sunlight remains to them?"

Monday, April 18, 2011

Witajcie,
Drewniane dwa klocki kupilam sobie w Lee Valley moim ulubionym sklepie w ktorym mozna nabyc wszystko do domu i ogrodu.Z jednego klocka bede rzezbic figurka Jezusa, bardzo podobna do zdjecia ktore znalazlam w necie .Moj Jezus bedzie bez szat jedynie przepasany kawalkiem materialu na glowie cierniowa korona.Pamietam podobna figurke z babcinego domu ale niestety nie mam zdjecia.
Dzis rano kiedy wstalam a za oknem deszcz ze sniegiem to pomyslalam sobie,ze zabiore sie za struganie mojego Jezusa.Kiedy tak ogladalam sobie klocki wpadl mi pomysl zupelnie inny,nowy ktory to zaraz zrealizowalam.Z mniejszego klocka powstala polka do ktorej przymocowalam rozne uchwyty a z tylu dokleilam filcowy material z malutkim otworem do zawieszenia na sciane.Wyszlo nawet ciekawie i teraz szukam wolnego kawalka sciany w mojej kuchni :)
Niech Wam soneczko rozweseli pysie!

Welcome,
I bought two wooden blocks from Lee Valley,my favorite store where you can get everything for the house and garden.
From one of them, Im planning to carve into a figure of Jesus,similar to the one I have posted once.My Jesus will have no clothes save for a strip of material on his waist and thorn crown.I remember the figure from my Grandmother's house, but I haven't a picture of it and this was the closest image I could find. 
Today when I woke up, it was grey out and raining. So I thought that I might as well get to carving it. When I was  looking at it, a different idea struck me, one that I started working on right away. The smaller block became a shelf like thing to which I fastened different kinds of hooks and such. On the back, I glued a thick layer of felt with an opening to hang. It turned out interesting, and I'm now hunting for an empty piece of kitchen wall to hang up my new thing on.

I hope the sun is bringing you smiles all day! 










5 comments:

Karie's Chic Creations said...

Hello, You are such a talented lady. This is beautiful. Oh my goodness and the carved piece of Jesus is amazing. Thanks for sharing. And thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comments. It is always good to hear from you. I hope you have a wonderful day, and a blessed Easter. Hugs, Karie

violi igłą malowane said...

Chyba się powtarzam ale nie samo wite masz pomysły , lubię do ciebie zaglądać . A Jezusa już się nie mogę doczekać ../A u mnie słoneczko dzisiaj było,.,.Pozdrawiam cieplutko z Trójmiasta

Robin said...

Beautiful!

Hugs,
Robin

Katarina said...

I just love this, I'm totally nuts for birds and the distressed look as I don't master it (yet). What a fabulous decoration. You have really inspired me to dig out one of my many boxes with things to alter. Thanks. Oh and by the way. I'll be having a bloghop for sweetpea stamps on my blog next week so pop in.

Cindy said...

Love birds...so creative!