"Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best."

"Birds sing after a storm. Why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever sunlight remains to them?"

Friday, May 27, 2011

Hello dear ones! 
I was supposed to attend a huge garage sale, but the weather turned foul and started raining. Thus, no one put out anything for sale. Not discouraged, I went hunting elsewhere, meaning antique stores. I rummaged around and managed to find a few intriguing things. I love the hand shaped clasp. I was told that it the older times, it hung in the hall and gloves were to be clasped when going from outside to indoor. 

I wish you all many smiles and sunshine!


Witajcie kochani!

Wlasciwie mialam isc na wielki garage sale ale zaczal padac deszcz i nikt nie wystawil swoich rzeczy na sprzedaz.Wiec odwiedzialm pobliski antczny sklepik w ktorym wyszperalam sobie pare drobiazgow.Najbardziej spodobala mi sie klamerka-raczka ktora sluzyla goscia na rekawiczki 

Zycze Wam duzo slonca i usmiechu!







10 comments:

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Katherine:
What a most intriguing and delightful set of goodies you tempt us with here. Yes, we too love the metal hand clip. Previously, we thought such things were for holding letters on a desk which were waiting to be posted, but now feel that a glove holder is a much more plausible option.

Whatever, we hope that the weather cheers up and we wish you a very Happy Weekend!

Lori E said...

Serendipity. Look what you found when you were going to be doing something else.

Anonymous said...

Hi Katherine,
beautiful finds!! We have a huge Garage sale here tomorrow and I hope it won't rain.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Marie Lost Bird Studio

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Well, it looks like the bad weather didn't hold you back one little bit. You found lots of goodies to bring home..... I live in the Pacific Northwest. We have lots and lots of rain here..... If we let us hold us back we'd never get to go anywhere. :-)

Hugs....
Spencer

sonya said...

Hi Katherine~
I love the hand clasp that you found. I think you could use it for a lot of things-I love it. Are the roosters trivets? Oh the bird is adorable. And the Longfellow book is awesome. You found some great finds! Oh I want to go garage saling now!
Have a great Sunday!
Hugs,
Sonya

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Oh Kasia, what great treasures you found.... thanks for sharing them with us!!!
Hugs~~~ Daphne

darias said...

Kasieńko wspaniałe skarby zdobyłaś :)
Pozdrawiam Cię serdecznie :**

Margo said...

Hi Kasia,
Thank you for visiting!
I love your finds! Is that a brooche in the last photo? It's gorgeous!

Kelly_Deal said...

Hi Kasia! You found some really cool things! I love the hand and the Yogi Bear book. Have a great week!
Kelly

Nancy Maxwell James said...

I love the treasures you found! The Yogi Bear book also tugs at my heartstrings!