"Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best."

"Birds sing after a storm. Why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever sunlight remains to them?"

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Papaya chutney

 Hello dear ones!

Autumn is slowly covering the world in beauty and colour. 
Time to fill up on winter stock, time for jams, preserves and juice. I love when the whole house is filled with the scent of sizzling fruit, cinnamon, ginger, anise and cloves. 
I made a couple of jars of plum-chocolate butter, apple & pear jam with anise and cinnamon, spicy papaya chutney and plum & raisin jam. And in the autumn city park my girl took a couple of pictures. 
I wonder what signs of autumn you see in your cities, towns and villages? Do you, like me, love the colours and scents? 

I wish everyone well and thank you for visiting!

Witam Was serdecznie!
Juz jesien pomalenku okrywa swiat jak cudnie w okolo i kolorowo
Pora aby uzupelnic zimowe zapasy,pora na dzemy,powidla i soki.Kocham kiedy caly dom wypelniaja zapachy smazonych owocow,cynamonu,imbru,anyzu i gozdzikow.
Zrobilam pare sloiczkow powidel sliwkowo-czekoladowych,jablka z gruszkami  cynamonm i anyzem
papaya na ostro i sliwki z rodzynkami a w parkowej jesieni miasta pare zdjec zrobila moja corcia.
A jaka jesien w Waszych miastach ,miasteczkach i pieknych wsiach zagoscila?czy tez kochacie jak ja jej zapach i kolory?
Serdecznie pozdrawiam wszystkich  i dziekuje za odwiedziny :)

















4 comments:

sonya said...

Oh I can just smell the butters and jams!! *sniff* Mmmmm!
I love the photos your girlie took! Beautiful! And yes, like you, I LOVE the colors and scents of this season, my favorite!

Your baby is adorable! :)

Wishing you a wonderful cool crisp day!
Hugs to you, my friend,
Sonya

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Katherine:
This is such a lovely post conveying as it does, through words and images, all the rich mellowness of the season and the sense of plenty which abounds. How we should love to be in your kitchen now to savour all those lovely jams and preserves.

Vicki said...

Love these pictures. We will have our first cool evenings here this weekend. Highs are dropping from 90 to 80 this weekend. So nights in the low 60's I can't wait. These recipes sound delish! I love making chutney and jams.

Aśko said...

uwielbiam taką jesień,jak z Twoich zdjęć :))))
przetwory imponujące i na pewno smakowite:)