"Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best."

"Birds sing after a storm. Why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever sunlight remains to them?"

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Dress form

Hello dear ones! 

I found a dress form in an old junk store. It was black, and I didnt want to keep it that way so I altered it. I changed the colour completely and this is what it turned out to look like. I took old backing material and scraps of old paper and blended them together on the form. Im planning to add stuff to it when the time comes for Carol's Dress Form Ball, at The Polka Dot Closet, a delightful occasion!
If anyone wishes to join this Ball, its months away, so you have plenty of time to plan and prepare, but head on over to her blog because its filled with amazing creativity and plenty of treasures! 

Im also sharing an old photograph that I found forgotten, and framed, I plan to hang it up in my house. 

Dearies, Summer is almost done, so I wish you all the most wonderful remaining days. Filled with sunshine and happiness. Thank you all for dropping in and leaving sweet words!


Witajcie duszyczki mile!
Znalazlam w sklepiku z rupieciami  manekin krawiecki czarny caly ale mi sie nie podobal wiec przerobilam go zupenie zmieniaja kolor i wyszedl mi tak.Obklejlam starymi materialami z podszewek i karteczkami z ksiazek.Puzniej bedzie przybrany na wyjatkowa okazje ,Bal ktory zorganizowala  Carol z blogu Polka Dot Closet.
Jesli ktos ma ochote wziasc udzial w zabawie to serdecznie zaprszam do Carol,przy okazji poogadacie cuda jakie robi nasza utalentowana kolezanka.

Wyszperalam rowniez stara fotografie i nowe zapomniane  duszyczki zagoscily u mnie  w domciu.
Kochani zaraz koniec wakacj wiec te ostatnie dni nechaj beda najpiekniejsze,sloneczne i pelne radosci.dziekuje za kazde mile slowo pozostawine przez Was !






19 comments:

JoAnne said...

Oh, I really love what you did with it Katherine! I've been on the lookout for one but haven't found anything yet. I do have a wire decorative one that I shared at Carol's last time around but nothing as lovely as yours. xoxo

violi igłą malowane said...

Nie dziwię się że czarny ci się nie podobał ..
Teraz wygląda dostojnie , cudnie go okleiłaś , na różne sposoby .
Zdolne łapki masz Kasiu ..
Ciekawych masz lokatorów..
Jutro dziewczyny moje już do szkoły idą i skończyły się wakacje dla nich …
Pozdrawiam ,,,

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Your dress form came out gorgeous,Katherine.Love it.
Have a wonderful start of the week.
Hugs,
Marie

Karie's Chic Creations said...

Hello my friend, You always do such lovely things. Gorgeous. I also found your salt and pepper bottles so interesting and lovely. And I always love old pictures. Such beauty. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Karie

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Kasia:
Another wonderful recreation. We remain in awe of your talent, enterprise and originality but suspect that all that you achieve is not done without a great deal of time consuming work.

Avrea said...

Śliczny taki elegancki :)
pozdrawiam
Ag

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hi Katherine, Your dress form turned out fantastic! I love that you mixed paper and fabric to cover it. Really awesome!
Have a wonderful week :-)!
Hugs,
Julia

Renia said...

Od lat poszukuję takiego manekina,chciałabym powiesić na nim góralski strój:))Twój prezentuje się pięknie:))Śliczna stara fotografia.Pozdrawiam serdecznie

Dorthe said...

Dear Katherine,
what a beautiful dress form. You have altered it to a most gorgeous piece, dear friend. I love the shabby look, and your rose is so lovely.
I also find old fhotoes facinating ,
and collects them whenever I find some.
Warm greetings, and hugs.
Dorthe

The Polka Dot Closet said...

OK, you are the sweetest blogger in all of blog land! I love your dress form, I cannot believe I was just thinking today about the dress form party next February. I thought maybe I would give a heads up about it in October...Girlfriend you beat me to it! Thank you!

Carol

SelenarteDecoupage said...

I'd love to express myself by decorating one of the dress forms like that. Little beauty.:)
Love
Jo

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh a dress form ball! That sounds like such fun!
I have one already but am thinking about making one with a plastic 1/2 form I got when I bought my last swimsuit.Should be quite a challenge!
Love how you changed your's shes so pretty with the fabrics!
hugs Lynn

Lisa Farmer Designs said...

Greetings Katherine and thank you for the recent visit and comment. I am so glad you kept the old dress form! What a beautiful addition to any decor it has become...exquisite. I am glad to know about your blog now and will be catching up on all our posts! Blessings, Lisa

Rosewalk Cottage said...

What a lovely dress form and I just love what you did with it. I've been looking for one myself but they are all so expensive. I hope I will eventually find one like yours. Thank you for stopping by...I love your banner.
~Clara

reflective essay said...

i really love your post ..... good work katherine keep it up

Jo-hanah z Wrzosowej Polany said...

Piękny manekin!Super, że dostał drugie życie.
Pozdrawiam cieplutko

Maureen said...

Awesome dress form! I do wish my mother hadn't gotten rid of hers years ago... sigh.

Although, where I'd find room for it is another matter.

Love the old photo and the perfect frame it's in!

izary said...

zdecydowanie zyskał na urodzie, :) a te naszyjniki, ummmm takie jak lubię :)

Kelly_Deal said...

What a great find! Katherine, you altered it beautifully!